Skip to main content

Day 9: I woke up hungry...

Day 9: March 30, Friday

I woke up hungry.

I got up, went to the kitchen and sipped apple juice. Then I continued sleeping at the couch. I had to wake up at 8am to take my last pill of antibiotics.

Today, swallowing was a lot easier. Still painful though, let's say 4/10. My ears no longer hurt as much as it did a couple of days ago. Things were getting better. Praise God!

Nanay brought me 3 tablets of biogesic, I had not taken any as of 1pm. Scabs were starting to fall off, my tongue was still whitish, my braces missed my dentist...

It was 3pm when Nanay called us for a late lunch. I could smell my favorite lucky me pancit canton. Why o why?! It's soft, and not spicy, I could give it a shot.

I had to take a pain killer first. When I chew, the pain was getting into my ears and had gotten into my head. I ate still, haha! How can I say NO to pancit canton?! Of course, cold apple juice on the side to help me swallow. I finished one full glass of apple juice, and maybe five tablespoons of pancit - I used chopsticks to make sure I won't fill my mouth with so much that it would be too hard to pass through my throat.

That was it! Lunch, whew! My hands were shaking as I ate, too hard to tolerate this pain! I can't wait for this to be over. I was told 1 week, hmnn today is over a week already. I searched, it says 2-3 weeks. Oh owwkhaaay! Patience patience... and discipline...

I am about to end this, now it's 9:45PM. I brought a glass of water here in my room, in case I wake up in the middle of the night again with a dry throat. I am capable of focusing now on my studies. I'm sure tomorrow, I will feel better than now.

I thank the Lord for letting me go through this. I have learned that I am not a superwoman.

So in my case guys, DAY 9 I would say is the start of healing... Yours may be faster, so don't get disheartened. Remember that I worked on Monday, and had so many activities on Tuesday, which could be the reason why it took more than a week before it healed. My bad.

Good night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Birthday Gift for Beging

Do you guys remember Beging? She’s my sister. She is currently studying in ICCT College. I and Beging are best of friends. We share problems, secrets and we were partners in crime (that was before we became Christians; now we go to church together regularly).   I love the fact that she listens to me and she listens to God’s word every Sunday. Most of the things that I was telling my sister are indeed hard to accept, but she tries her very best. “Hupotasso” is one of the hardest lessons for her, I guess, because it’s very hard for me too --- yet we’re both trying our best.   Moving on, before Christmas, I kept praying for God to give me the ability to buy Beging a router. She needs it for her study. In fact, that prayer is written in my prayer notebook multiple times.    Jesus really is a faithful God and He will never leave me hanging with no answer. I was not worried when I pray for something lately. I cling to God'...

SIN is...

I like this, "command was an opportunity to trust God, obey God." We can't tell someone is obedient if there is no command to obey. How does this connect with "the Fall". Eve's decision to listen to the serpent and Adam's willful act of conniving with his wife separated the whole humanity to God. And separation from God is "death". The Fall clearly defines 'sin' as great chasm between God and humanity. At present times, sin is classified as to either small or big, either deadly or not. Sin is sin no matter what. Even simple idleness is sin. I wonder what Eve and Adam were doing and how come the serpent had his chance of speaking to them. They should be busy caring for the garden. However, I have no means of proving myself right that indeed they were idle that's why Satan had his foothold. But I strongly believe that we should make our time worthy of God's trust with the tasks He appointed us. That way, satan won't h...

Morning Light's 1st Ever CHRISTmas Party

Morning Light 1 st  Ever CHRISTmas Party Date: December 20, 2013 ( 09:15 AM ) This is going to be our first CHRISTmas party ever, and I’m soooo excited. I remember TL Pep told me, “Whenever it's possible, always spell out Christmas completely, because it's all about Christ!” Last week’s message was regarding celebrating Christmas the way it should be celebrated, and the reason why we really have CHRISTmas is because our savior was born --- so why should we remove CHRIST from it? Makes sense, I shared TL Pep’s advice to my friends. Pastor Manny led us. He requested us to bring food good for everyone. We, from Convergys and those residing in Manggahan Rd decided to bring Pancit, Lumpiang Shanghai and Siomai. Randy is our cook, as always. I and Randy thought of having exchange gift. Since it’s a very very late notice, we’re not expecting everyone to bring their gifts. It’s only worth 100PHP. We’re planning to have “agawan gift” --- TL Pep’s idea, lols. Convergys g...